Lyra Learning Group

We are a group of about 55 lace knitters from around the world, knitting Herbert Neibling's "Lyra". Thanks goes to Helen Eisler, owner of the Knitted Lace List, to which all Lyra knitters in this group belong. This blog is written, edited, and published by Rosemarie Buchanan, 8 year member of the Knitted Lace List. All images and text in this blog are protected by copyright laws. Permission must be sought, and given, to use anything from this blog.

Name:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Marianne's Beautiful Lyra

Marianne Kuokkenan from Finland is sends these pictures and
comments on her Lyra, which she completed in August of this year (2006).

"I got my Lyra off the needle last week, but only today
I had the time to block it on my bed, + styrofoam.
It took 1.5 hours and a sore back to block it!! I had to
take my Balmoral off first. It had sat there for 3 months
:-[ not on the bed, but by it.













You can see there's quite a binding in my Lyra, like the others.
I stuck to the original pattern. The finished doily is 125 x 125 cm.
The styrofoam is 120 cm wide, as is my bed. I used up 4+ balls
of #20 crochet cotton. The last change was in the middle of the
crochet round.













Now what's next, hmmm? I've been writing my pattern
for a Faroese shawl. Nearly done in Swedish. After that,
translations to Finnish and English. I need to take new photographs!"

Thank you, Marianne, for contributing your thoughts and these beautiful pictures. Your Lyra is gorgeous, and what a stunning colour!

1 Comments:

Blogger Irina said...

Wonderful doily! I add it in my favotites!
BEST KNITTING LINKS

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:35:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home